Early language is at the heart of children’s development. Language skills not only provide a strong foundation for school attainment but also help children to express emotions and opinions important for wellbeing and for resilience in dealing with adverse childhood experiences. As this website develops, research-based information and materials will be shared together with opportunities for discussion and input from professional practice.
eLIPS is a screening tool to help early years practitioners make and record observations about a child’s language development
Email for more info info@eLIPS.org.uk
- Designed to be child-centered and inclusive.
- Observations of children’s language use during play are naturalistic.
- Formalises knowledge of early years staff.
- Raises awareness of how to support language development.
- eLIPS is useful for evidence-based decision-making about: Value added by early years intervention. Referral of children to other services and partners. Self-evaluation of School policy and service improvement.